Detectives investigating South Belfast death name victim

A man who died following an incident in Belfast last week has been named as Ahmed Abdi, 33.
Detectives investigating South Belfast death name victim

By Bairbre Holmes, Press Association

A man killed in South Belfast on February 11th has been named as Ahmed Abdi.

The PSNI launched a murder investigation after the 33-year-old died following an incident in the Cromwell Road area.

Police said officers attended following the report of a “concern for safety”.

Mr Abdi was taken to the hospital by the ambulance service, where he later died.

Detective Inspector Jack Kelly, from the Police Service’s Major Investigation Team, said: “My thoughts are with Ahmed’s family at this difficult time, as they try to come to terms with their loss.”

On Saturday, a 32-year-old man appeared before Belfast Magistrates’ Court charged with Mr Abdi’s murder.

Isaac Koko, with an address in Cromwell Road in the south of the city, was remanded in custody ahead of the next court appearance.

The case is next due to be mentioned on Tuesday, March 10th.

More in this section

Laois Nationalist
Newsletter

Get Laois news delivered directly to your inbox.

Sign up