Strictly Come Dancing: Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe to host

The trio will take over from Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.
Strictly Come Dancing: Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe to host

By Laura Harding, Press Association Entertainment Editor

Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe have been announced by the BBC as the new hosts of Strictly Come Dancing.

The presenter, comedian and professional dancer will host the show as a trio in a first for the flagship entertainment programme.

The news was shared on the show’s Instagram page with the caption: “It’s official…September 2026.”

The new line-up will take over from Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who announced their departure from the programme in October 2025.

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by BBC Strictly (@bbcstrictly)

Willis, who has hosted shows including Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother, as well as Love Is Blind UK, said: “It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of Strictly – I’ve cheered and danced along from my sofa for years – so to be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can’t quite comprehend.

“It’s impossible to fill the shoes that Tess and Claudia have left behind – two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long.

“I can only hope that we are able to help to steer the ship as beautifully as they have, into this new chapter. I can’t wait to spend my weekends with Josh and Jojo, the incredible dancers and the judges.  Fingers crossed for a 10 from them!”

Radebe, who joined the show as a professional dancer in 2018, said: “To be returning to Strictly Come Dancing in this new role is beyond anything I ever imagined.

“This show has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness, and I feel deeply honoured to now help carry that magic forward. To do it alongside the formidable Emma Willis and the utterly brilliant Josh Widdicombe makes it even more special.

“I’m ready – sequins, nerves, and all…please bear with me. Love Jojo.”

Stand up comedian Widdicombe has previously competed on the show in a festive special and said: “Dancing the Charleston dressed as a penguin for the 2024 Christmas Special of Strictly remains my career high point, so I am giddy with excitement, honoured and a little overawed to be given the chance to step into the biggest shoes in television.

“I adore Emma and Jojo and can’t wait to spend my weekends with them. I’ll dust off the penguin costume.”

Speculation over who would replaced Daly and Winkleman has been rife since they announced their departure.

Tess Daly, left, and Claudia Winkleman holding up Baftas
Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman left the show last year (PA)

Daly, 56, presented the series alongside the late Sir Bruce Forsyth when it launched in 2004 while Winkleman, 54, fronted its weekday companion show, It Takes Two.

Winkleman eventually moved on to host the Sunday night results show alongside Daly and joined the main show every Saturday from 2014, after Sir Bruce stepped down.

Zoe Ball recently confirmed she did screen tests for the hosting job but did not get it.

Kate Phillips, the BBC’s chief content officer, said: “Emma, Johannes and Josh’s chemistry is undeniable.

“There’s been so much speculation and hype, so I’m relieved we can share the news with the public at last! I’d like to thank all the brilliant people we saw before making this tough decision.

“But the most beloved ballroom in the UK always leads the way, and in a Strictly first we have chosen three outstanding hosts to take up the mantel.

“Along with our amazing Strictly team, who are busy planning fabulous and unforgettable treats for this new series, I know this terrific trio can’t wait to join our judges and pros to bring us must-see TV on the BBC this autumn.”

More in this section

Laois Nationalist
Newsletter

Get Laois news delivered directly to your inbox.

Sign up